What Is A Contract?
A contract is a binding agreement as well as a legal document between you and your client.
Create a contract via the Proposals & Contracts tab
To create a contract select the contract tab > create contract
This option is creating a Contract without a Proposal. You can create a proposal + contract by selecting the proposal + contract option otherwise you can simply create a contract on its own. Once you create a contract there isn't a way to attach a proposal so it is best to select these options from the beginning.
The next step prompts you to
- name your project
- choose a client / or create a new client
- Select a star date
- Select a end date
- Select proposal only, proposal + contract or contract only
Create your services section allows you to
- create your services which are what you can select to invoice once the project is created. (you can create multiple services)
- enter the description of each service, rate and billing type eg. flat fee, per hour, per item
- select "add another service" to add multiple services
Set the billing schedule of your proposal & project and if a Deposit may be required.
- select to request a deposit ( deposit payment is part of the project total)
- set recurring invoice reminders via the "I will invoice" option eg. weekly, monthly, on milestones or custom settings
- set your first invoice reminder start date, this start date will set the date for future invoice reminder for that sequence
You will see the option to edit the custom contract settings to the top right when in the Review Contract section and you can edit any of these settings
You can also select from more options via the 3 dot icon top right
- download proposal pdf
- download contract pdf
- contract settings
- edit view off
Once you are ready you can sign and send your contract to your client for approval by selecting > Next top right or sign and send bottom
Once you have signed and confirmed your signature you will be asked to confirm your clients email address, add/remove recipients and edit your personal email message before finalizing and sending.
See more on what your client will see when they receive the contract here
How Can My Client View/Sign The Proposal/Contract.
Click here for more information about our brand-new AND CO Pro feature: Fully-Editable Contracts!
💌 Please reach out to your friendly CO's via the Chief Operator tab in the app should you have any questions or concerns. 💌